Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Little Lephrechan Hunt

We usually don't make a big deal out of St. Patrick's Day, but in Timmy's class at school, they learned about leprechans. Timmy told me that they were sneaky, that they like to move things around in the room when no one was looking and that they left a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. He even made a leprechan trap and brought it home. He told me he was going to try and catch a leprechan in our house. So, when he was at school, I moved a lot of things around in his room. When I told him something was wrong with his room, he immediately knew that the leprechans had been there. While the kids were fixing their room, I made a trail of green confetti down the stairs, through the living room, and down to the basement. As soon as they saw the trail, they were running. The trail eventually lead them to a pot o' candy. They were so excited. When I asked Timmy how he knew to follow the trail he said, "I just thinked it up in my noggin!" It was a fun little trick. The kids even spend the rest of the afternoon sweeping the basement and picking up all of the confetti!

9 comments:

CASSIE said...

That is the cutest! All I got around to was green rice krispies! I'll keep that idea in mind!

Joele and Matt said...

What fun! Such a good mommy you are:) Looks like spring break was a lot of fun too!

My family Begins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
My family Begins said...

So cute! Your little boy will probably never forget that you did that. I still haven't forgotten the little footprints leading to Ms. Cox's classroom on St. Patrick's Day.

Sarah Pace said...

how cute! what a nice mamma you are!

Corinne said...

That is such a cute idea! I actually boycot most little holidays like valentines day and st. patrick's day, but this makes me want to celebrate it.

Mugs said...

What a COOL, FUN mom you are! Your kids will remember that forever.

Unknown said...

OH HOW CUTE!!!!!! You are the funnest mom ever! That sounds like a blast. I will have to steal the idea from you.

Levi and Suzi said...

That was a great idea! The kids look like they had so much fun!