Sunday, November 30, 2008

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade part 2

After a little nap we were refreshed and ready for some sight seeing. First we hit the vendor on the sidewalk. Timmy had to have a pretzel and Maura wanted a hot dog. A little farther down we got some candied nuts. We walked to Rockefeller plaza and saw the huge Christmas tree and the ice skating rink. Next we walked to Time Square, took a bunch of pictures, and found a place to eat lunch. The kids started get really tired, so we headed back and caught a picture of the Empire State Building. T.J. and Anthony went and got some cannoli and cheesecake for us and we vegged and visited in Anthony and Camille's room.
That night Topher cried all night and was inconsolable. We had planned on going to ground zero the next morning, but we knew we had to try to get him to the doctor. We dosed him with Tylenol and headed out. He slept most of the way, but we could tell he didn't feel good at all. As soon as we got home I took him to urgent care and I found out that he had a double ear infection. Despite the crying we had a great weekend full of fun and good memories. It was a very Happy Thanksgiving.

11 comments:

CASSIE said...

I just am sitting here and can't believe it...its hard not being with you guys...we did everything together! Oh-- and how in the heck did you feed Topher at the parade and esp with all the "warm gear" on? What a women!

Corinne said...

I'm so jealous! Looks like a great trip. Hope Topher is feeling better. Blasted ear infections always strike at the worst time.

Joele and Matt said...

Those places look pretty darn familiar:) We took pictures at almost all the same places except we were in shorts and tshirts! Looks cold but I am sure glad you guys go to go. I am impressed you drove in the city. The one time I actually did I swore I would never do it again and I never did:) Way to go:)

salena said...

I'm so jealous you got to go to NYC, but also amazed you did it with 2 kids and a baby! I hope Topher is feeling better with medicine, ear infections are the worst!

Mugs said...

That pretzel was bigger than Timmy's noggin. Man, we had soooooo much fun with you guys.

Sarah Pace said...

You are SOOO lucky!! I want to do that sometime. Matt said someday we will! Looks like you guys had sooo much fun. Poor little Topher =( hope he is feeling better!

Jamie said...

Looks like so much fun! Hey we need your address to send a Christmas card. Can you email us with it? Here's our email address:

sjshellenberger@gmail.com

Thanks!

The Favorite said...

Glad it turned out to be such a fun trip, despite the screaming kids in the car. Love the pictures!! So jealous!

My family Begins said...

New York is so much fun. I want to go there during the winter and go ice skating.

Luke & Erica said...

I am so jealous. I will have to spend a christmas in NY. That is so great. Hope your little one is feeling better.

Dustin and Tara said...

How fun! I love all the pictures, everything you usually would see on TV. You'll have to see and do as much as you can while you live over there! It is neat you were able to go with good friends. How fun, and it looks like your kids are troopers and along for the ride:)!