Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Turkeys!!

This was the second time we've had turkeys in our backyard. A mommy turkey and two baby wander in from the little wooded area behind our house and eat whatever it is they eat in our backyard. They even fly into the trees behind our house. I seriously had no idea that turkeys flew. I always thought that they were a kind of bird that didn't fly (I know, that sounds dumb). It just never occured to me that they did for some reason. Anyway...it's fun to see all the wildlife that comes to visit us.





2 comments:

Kris said...

Tell those turkeys to stick around for a few more weeks- my kids would love to see them when we're there!!

Mugs said...

Hey! I didn't know they flew either! I thought they were one of the 40 species of birds that don't fly (I learned that from Rio :))

Maybe those turkeys heard about your amazing turkey tacos...and they are a little confused.