Wednesday, September 7, 2011

First Day of School

We were all excited for the the first day of school. Summer was fun, but we were ready for school to start. Its always fun to get in new school clothes, wear your new backpack and shoes, ride the bus and see your new teacher and old friends. They had a great day and we are hoping for a great year!

Timmy's Green Lantern backpack


Maura and her sparkling backpack


Timmy is going into 3rd and Maura is going into 1st

We had to get a picture of our new shoes (and Topher's old ones)!


Every year before school starts we read the Kissing Hand and before my kids leave for school I draw a little heart on their hand so they can remember during the day that mommy loves them.


Waiting for the bus.


Off they go!


And then there was one....well 2 if you count Mila. :)

2 comments:

The Favorite said...

That is a sparkly back pack and I love the little hearts..

Mugs said...

I hve never heard of The Kissing Hand, but that just choked me right up! I told Miles my love was in his pocket, but a heart in the hand is waaaaay cooler! Plus Monos was all confused. hahaha! Cute kids, Vanessa. Love Topher peaking around the corner...