Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Race for the Cure

This past Saturday I had the privilege to run in the Susan G. Komen race for breast cancer. One of my friends in my ward who is a breast cancer survivor ask if I would run on her team. What made it even more fun was running it with my sister. It was a neat atmosphere and it was even more neat to see all of the ladies wearing survivor shirts. I thought it was a good cause to be a part of and I am grateful for the experience (even though it was sooo hot and humid and I almost threw up after it :) )
Go Team Hulse!
The family enjoying a fruit tray from McDonalds.

Me and Cass in our cute Team Hulse headbands.


Team Hulse

5 comments:

CASSIE said...

It was sooo fun! Look at you on top of blogging..I have been in such a poopoo mood about it since my camera got stolen...I need to shape up!

amy said...

oooh, i didn't know you almost threw up! after a mile, i could hardly run due to the humidity and my asthma. it was yucky, but a fun experience! thanks for being part of team hulse!!!!

Mugs said...

Everyone looks so cute! Go Team Hulse!!!

The Hoopers said...

Wow Vanessa, you truly are superwoman. How awesome that you can do all of this!

My family Begins said...

You always impress me. The Lord seriously gave you so many talents. I have thought about running in an event and then the thought dissapears. I did just start P90X though and it's kicking by behind.