Sunday, November 8, 2009

Silly kids and unexpected visitors

I put my kids to work this week (actually they volunteered) and Topher was pulling out all of the stops. This is what we call "Extreme Mopping". He was on his belly just mopping away.

Maura wanted to show everyone this leaf she found that was bigger than her head.

Peek a Boo!


We looked out the window and found these visitors just beyond our backyard. If you look closely you can see five of them. They actually let me get pretty close to take their picture and then I left them to finish their snack...so cool!


6 comments:

Kris said...

I definitely think that Topher's version of mopping is better than Jack's. I caught him LICKING milk off the floor that was leaking from his sippy cup. Gross!

I love the deer. Do you think they would appreciate the fact that at this very moment I have one of their cousins hanging from my kids' swingset, just waiting to be butchered tomorrow? Probably not. I'm glad you guys are loving NY.

CASSIE said...

Holy Cow! I'll have to show Drew! He'd LOVE it! That is super neat! Maura is hilarious...and Topher cracks me up! 1 more month!

The Favorite said...

That is one bif leaf and lots of deer!

Mugs said...

Next time I mope the floor I am going to do it Topher-style. :) Looks much more comfortable and maybe even more effective b/c my shirt can help clean too!!

Don't you just love NY in the Fall? Huge leaves, so colorful, and well all the deer?? WOW!!!

Luke & Erica said...

I always love checking your blog to see what is going on back east!

BTW I just wanted to let you know that I am hosting a GIVEAWAY on my hair bow blog. Check it out, lilcutiehairbows.blogspot.com
Erica

Unknown said...

we can still always do a few with the kids while you guys are here if you have time at all. It literally took cass and us about five minutes to do it. anyway we are excited to see you guys when you come down!