Thursday, June 11, 2009

More Mauraisms


We have learned that Maura says some really interesting things sometimes and when she does, I have to record them so she can see how cute she was when she was little. Here are the latest:

When mom, dad, Lyss, and Kody were here last week, we were in the car driving to Niagara Falls when Maura yelled/scolded from the back seat...."Dad, you better put your seat belt on or you're going to crash your head off!" All of us had a big laugh.

Yesterday she was eating lunch and I told her that she was going to be a good Mommy some day because she is such a good helper. She got a really concerned look on her face. I asked her what was wrong and she said, " I don't want get a baby cause I don't want a big cut in my tummy! I don't want the doctor to cut the baby out!" I assured her that she didn't have to have a baby any time soon and not to worry about it yet. Then she went on to say..."I don't want to get a different name when I get married either. I want the name I have." I told her that she didn't have to get married any time soon and that she didn't need to worry about it now. I had to chuckle to myself because I can't believe how much she picks up on and is aware of at such a young age. These little ones just amaze me sometimes.

4 comments:

CASSIE said...

She amazes me still!! Thats hilarious! She is growing up soo fast! Her hair is sooo long!

Joele and Matt said...

What a cutie! You just got to love her:)

Unknown said...

She is so funny and smart. I miss little maura!

Mugs said...

Maura KILLS me! She is hilarious! And soooo perceptive.