Friday, July 11, 2008

Happy 5 months?

Topher turned 5 months old about a week ago, at the same time our house was plagued with Strep throat. He didn't get strep, but had some virus that affected his respiratory system. The doctor said he was wheezing and breathing way too hard, so I had to start giving him a steroid and breathing treatments. This about broke my heart because I have asthma and I know how terrible it can be. As a parent I hate seeing my children sick. I wish there was a way I could be sick for them, but I can't so I have to take care of them the best I can. I'm happy to say that he is feeling a lot better now, and back to his normal happy self.



6 comments:

Corinne said...

So not fun. Little kids with Athsma is the worst. Jameson has it to and it breaks my heart every time he has an episode. I hope you're all feeling better.

The Hoopers said...

Oh that breaks my heart. Glad he is doing better. Lets get together before you guys leave.

Joele and Matt said...

What a cutie! I'm so glad he is feeling better. How is the rest of the clan?

Amy said...

Whew. I'm glad it's over. He sure is a cutie! But Hello, he's Vanessa's kid! lol ;)

Shyla Mills Tilley said...

He is definitely way too cute to be getting sick! Glad he is feeling better and glad you could do the respiratory treatments at home instead of the hospital.

P.S. I am coming to the reunion. I'll email ya'!

Kris said...

Oh, that's awful! I can totally relate- I have asthma, and Emma has it REALLY bad. Luckily we've got a great Doctor that helps us control hers. I'm just so grateful that we live in this day & age when we can just give them some medicine & they're OK. Can you even fathom being a pioneer & seeing your kids so sick with absolutely no way to help them? Ugh, I can't think of anything worse!