Thursday, March 25, 2010

Keeping Busy

I have really been enjoying my sewing machine lately. My mom tried to teach me to sew when I was young, but despite her patience, my skills made the attempt futile. So, in the last couple of years I have been trying to use what my mom taught me and try to teach myself as I go along. At Christmas time I decided I wanted to to do something for my mom, mother in law, sisters, and sisters in law, (and Maura and Jada) so I made these aprons.
Here are my models: Jada, Maura, Mom, and Lyss

After Cassie had Taya, I decided to make her a nursing cover.


Here is the flower that I made so that Cassie could pin it on the cover.


I started these little skirts after T.J. started his 9 week rotation in Syracuse. I needed something to keep my mind and hands busy while he was gone, so I decided to make these for all of the little cute girls in my life (there were also two more but I gave them away before I took the pic). I had so many left over scraps from the aprons that I could let them go to waste.


These are the flowers I made for the girls to either wear in their hair or pin on their skirt or shirt.


And....Here is my cute little inspiration and model...

10 comments:

Barb said...

Can you say TALENTED?!!!! You're amazing - I love the cute little flowers too!! Your fabric is darling! Great job!

Mugs said...

I know who the lucky recipient was of those two not pictured!! ;)

NESS, you are AMAZING! I am in awe. I have watched you over the last two plus years go from an incredible seamstress to a spectacular seamstress! And I have been so fortunate to benefit from your beautiful creations. My apron choked me up...is that weird?

Love you, lady. Thanks for the emergency trip to oil my brother. hahahahaha!!!

Meg and Jeremy said...

Super cute! I am totally impressed! If you lived closer I would have you make some for me and my girls. Way to develop your talents! :)

Leah said...

Girl you have been busy! Your fabric is really cute and those flowers are adorable....My mom tried to teach me to sew too...but you girl got it down! So cute!

Sonda Bryce said...

I am so impressed! Where did you get the pattern for the aprons?

Joele and Matt said...

Your big sis is totally impressed with your mad skills! Wish you lived closer and you could help poor little me out with sewing emergency. Keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

so cute!! thank you so much for the stuff, i absolutly love the little skirt for bentley!! yay!

The Hoopers said...

Wow, those are so cute! Great job. I love all the fabric combinations too.

K Bailey said...

Way to go! Cute!

The Favorite said...

WOW!
You are amazing- we'll have to use you at the next activity to teach us your skills. Love it!
My sister made an apron like the one you did with the lines on one side ans bold colors on the other (I'll show you sometime.) Well done!