Thursday, September 10, 2009

First Day of School

9/9/09 Was the our first day of school. The kids were so excited and I was too. Timmy is in 1st grade and Maura is in Pre-K. Timmy reassured me that he didn't need me to take him to school or to his class, that he knew where to go, and that he wanted to ride the bus. At first I was a little worried, but then I felt proud that is becoming so independent and agreed to let him go by himself (even though he admitted to me that he was going to miss me while he was at school...those things are worth a million dollars). Maura was excited too. She has the afternoon session and asked me all day long if we were going to be late and if it was time to go. When we got to the school, she went into the door and never looked back, but when she got home she asked me if I cried while she was gone because I missed her so much...what a sweet little girl. I have to admit that I wasn't that sad for school to start this year...more excited than anything; excited for them to start a new adventure.

The new backpack

Waiting for the bus

Heading to the corner



away he goes...


The new backpack...about as big as she is.

Ready to go in and start!

5 comments:

Joele and Matt said...

They are so cute! Glad they did great.

Kris said...

I love, love, love that picture of them all waiting on the step for the bus!

I totally understand about the backpack issue with Maura. We went to 13, count 'em, 13 stores last year until we could find one that didn't trip Emma because they were just so big! Who are they makin' these things for, 8th graders?

I hope their school year is great!

CASSIE said...

How cute! They are growing too fast!

Mugs said...

I love the shot of the three of them going to the corner!

Unknown said...

okay seriously, can they get any more precious!!!! Those are the best pictures ever, the memories will last a lifetime!!!!!!