Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Funny Things

The other day we had this conversation and I thought it was cute:

Timmy: Mom, can a police man arrest a kid?
Mom: Yes, if you are doing bad things and breaking the law.
Timmy: I just can't get arrested because I would miss school and someone would have to take over my job in class...I'm the sweeper and that's very important.
Mom: (laughs and thinks...I'm glad that missing school is his biggest worry)

Another one I had with Maura:

Maura: Mom you're my best friend
Mom: You're my best friend too.
Maura: You're my best girl because you don't yell at me.
(No long after...Maura doesn't listen to something mom tells her to do and she gets in trouble and mom raises her voice)
Maura: Mom, I thought you were my best friend...you're not anymore.
Mom: You're still my best friend Maura even though you get in trouble sometimes

5 comments:

Corinne said...

What cuties! I love those fun conversations. They make my day worth it sometimes.

Mugs said...

I'll never forget Maura running up to you to tell you she loves you soooooooo much, out of nowhere. Your kids are bright and sweet. I love being around them, and Monos does too. You are doing such a good job, Nessa.

Thanks again for watching Miles this morning. I haven't gone on a lil' splurge like that since waaaaaaaay before my little buddy was born, and it was all made possible b/c of you.

Joele and Matt said...

What cuties. I don't know is Timmy feeling guilty about something since he is worried about getting arrested:) ha ha Keep posting so we know what you are up to!

CASSIE said...

I love it!! Thats our sweet little Maura-- I still don't know where they got the whole "best friend" thing...Jada still does it-- and Timmy is just growing up sooo much! We miss them!

Sarah Pace said...

Kids say the funniest things sometimes! it will be sad when they are out of that young stange of saying those kinds of things!