Thursday, September 4, 2008

Timmy's First Day of School

Well...it finally came. After much hesitation (on my part) we decided to start Timmy in school this year. His first day was the 3rd. He insisted on riding the bus on the first day so I agreed that he could. He was so excited to wait out on the corner. We were out there at 7:30 and the bus didn't come until 7:50. For a while he thought the bus was going to forget him and he wanted me to take him in the car, but I assured him that it would come.

When it finally got there, he jumped right up the stairs and sat down. While the bus door was shutting, he yelled out an excited "bye mom!" I was a little teary and worried so T.J. and I jumped in the car and went to the school to watch his bus come in and to take him to his class. He was so excited when he got off the bus because he got the window seat.

Then he told me that I didn't need to walk him to his class because he already knew the way (we went the day before to meet his teacher), but I insisted on taking him in. He got all of his stuff into his cubby and found his seat at his table.

I was so proud of him that he was so brave and excited to start school. Maura and mommy were heartbroken though. Maura was because brother got to go to school and she didn't and I was because my first baby was going to be gone all day.
After school he got off the bus and told me that "tomorrow you don't need to come to my school mom, I know where to go." What a big boy! I tried to get all of the details of school out of him, but didn't offer much. The things he did tell me were that they had a big sleepover (they lay down towels and have a rest time during the day), he got to eat in the cafeteria, and he got to play with play dough. I asked him if he made any friends and he said "yes, my whole class are my friends, but I don't remember their names." I am so glad that he had such a good experience and hope that the rest of the year is great too. He has a good teacher who is very organized and fun so he should be fine.


8 comments:

CASSIE said...

Ahh!! I can't believe my little T is that big already...I had a little mixed emotions reading the post- little teary, excited, proud, etx...that he is such a big boy! We sure do miss him!

Corinne said...

What an awesome little kid. He must have a really great mom that has prepared him well. Do you want to raise my kids until school starts for them? I'm a little afraid Jameson will never learn to count past 3. :)

Joele and Matt said...

Great job Timmy!!! How exciting for him. Hang in there Ness. It will get easier. Just wait till all your kids are in school!!:)

My family Begins said...

Cute story. He's adorable. The first day of school can be scary but it sounds like it wasn't for him. I think he'll fit right in.

Sarah Pace said...

He is to cute! Austin was the same way. He told us he could do everything himself! They are so independant at this age.

Meg and Jeremy said...

Isn't it so sad to have our babies big enough to go to school!? I didn't want to let Hailey go either. I tried to get her to stay home and she said, "Ok Mom, I'll stay home for one day, then I have to go to school." So I guess it's time to let her go. She wouldn't tell me much about what they did at school either, just that it's stuff she already knows. And that there are a couple boys in her class that are "in love" with her. AHH! Can I just say I have seriously considered homeschool? Well, it sounds like Timmy is enjoying it and I hope he has a good year.

Cindy said...

We sure miss you guys! Sounds like you're enjoying it there so far. Timmy's a big boy now...so brave on the first day.

Teresa Kaye Leech said...

oh my gosh V, you started him!!! Conner is in preschool! He ask me everyday.."mom, why you not put me in kindergarton?" He mentions Timmy at least once a week, it's so cute. we miss you guys!!!!