Thursday, March 10, 2011

She's Here!

Mila Reese Rubalcava came on February 24th, 2011 at 11:45 a.m. She weighed 7 lbs 8 oz and was 19 3/4 inches long. I went in for a scheduled c-section and everything went just about according to the plan. The Dr. discovered some adhesions during the procedure and had to fix those which made the surgery quite a big longer and not to mention more brutal. I could feel them pushing, pulling and manipulating my insides and when all the pain meds started to wear off, I felt like I'd been in a fight and had been punched in my side. It was all worth it though when I finally got to hold my little girl.


My mom flew in from AZ that night and was able to help T.J. with the kids while I was in the hospital. While she was here she did everything for me. She cleaned my house, did my laundry, cooked dinner, woke up with me in the middle of the night with me to help me with the baby, and even helped me get dressed. I couldn't have made it without her. She went home Sunday and we were so sad to see her go. Maura sobbed when she left. She kept saying that we just live too far away.
Thankfully on the day my mom left, T.J. started his vacation. He helped me so much I bet it didn't feel like a vacation to him. I am so grateful to my family (thanks Drew and Cass) and friends who helped us out that week. We appreciate all the help and are so grateful for our new little member of our family. She is a little angel and is adored by all of us (especially her brothers and sister). We are truly blessed.





















4 comments:

Unknown said...

so glad she is here! wish we could meet her and give her lots of kisses! she is so beautiful, we love her already!

how come your mom looks drunk in every picture taken? just kidding but seriously i am sure she was so happy to be there and help!!

Jamie said...

She's so beautiful! And you! You look amazing!

CASSIE said...

I LOVE HER!! So crazy to see all your kids together in the picture with TJ!! So so cute!

Emily said...

Oh Congratulations!!!!! I just love having a little baby. There is nothing like it. The more I've had, the more I love 'em! Weird, I know. You probably understand though!

Thanks for sharing your good news!