Sunday, November 14, 2010

Maura's New Specs

Well our little Maura had to get glasses. She failed eye exams at the pediatrician's office and at school so we took her in to see an eye doctor. He told us that she has an astigmatism in both of her eyes and that she needs wear glasses all of the time. On the way home from picking up her glasses she asked me "what are those lines coming out of the poles?" I couldn't believe that she was just noticing power lines after all of these years. I feel bad that I didn't notice that she needed glasses earlier.
So far she has been very responsible about putting them in her case at night and being a little more careful when she plays so they don't break. She is very excited to have them and her teacher made a big deal about how great she looked in them so she would continue be excited about wearing them. I thinks she looks great too and I'm glad that she will be able to see everything better too. Love you Maura!

5 comments:

Joele and Matt said...

She's following in my footsteps. I have the same thing. I don't think though that I am quite as cute as her as she is in those glasses! Welcome to the club Maura!!

CASSIE said...

I love them! She is so adorable...WAY better than my first pair! :)

Corinne said...

She looks ADORABLE!!! I can't wait to see her in them in person!

The Hoopers said...

What a cutie! We are always visiting the eye doctor for the kiddos too. You guys did a wonderful job picking her frames. They are beautiful.

Sarah Pace said...

she looks sooo cute with glasses! It makes me want to go test my kids!