Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Who's has brown eyes, brown hair, and red spots all over?

Its Topher!! He started out looking like this Saturday afternoon....


Then he looked like this by the next day. Red blisters all over his body. (sorry about the sideways pics...my computer won't turn them)





Somehow my kids contracted hand, foot, mouth disease and we had a terrible weekend.
All three kids ran fevers for 2 days. The older kids got blisters in the back of their throats and Topher got them everywhere. Normally the blisters show up in the mouth, on the palms of the hands, and soles of the feet, but Topher had a severe case and blisters covered all of his arms, legs, and around his mouth. The poor little guy was miserable. He still looks really bad but is recovering quickly. I just hope all those spots don't scar my cute little guy. (don't you just love that cheesy grin?)

10 comments:

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

so, so sad. poor baby.

Kris said...

How on earth can he have such a big beautiful smile when his body looks like that? What a trooper!

This is strange, because I had never heard of this disease, but we had a round of it in our ward recently, & now here you are with it! Random.

I hope they all feel better ASAP!

Unknown said...

oh my gosh! poor little guy! i hope he is feeling better and i hope you are able to go through it without losing your mind! i can hardly keep the fort down if bentley is ever not feeling good i cannot imagine three little sick ones!

Joele and Matt said...

Poor little Toph man:( So sorry. I hope he feels better soon. Give him a big hug and kiss from us.

CASSIE said...

I still can't believe that! and still feel so bad if we were the ones who started it-- have NO idea where it would have come from. He still is cute though! :) (oh- and I emailed those pics of T's b-day last night but came back undelivered bc it was so big...I will email them into two soon).

Jacob said...

Oh my word! I am soooo sorry! Poor buddy! My kids have had that before and turned out like Timmy and Maura but never like Topher! Poor dude! I am glad you are almost through it!!!!

Love ya!
Kristen

Debra said...

I remember when James looked just like that. He was just a baby when he got the chicken pox. It's fun to see you kids experiencing what your parents dealt with. So good to see you and your little family. I'm going to start keeping an eye on your Blog.
Your friend... Debra Poulsen

Jeff and Rachell Massey said...

That stuff is TERRIBLE! Briston got it while we were on vacation and I had no idea. He just had the sores in the mouth and the fever of 101, 102. After the sores went away I had to scrub my house from bottom to top because that stuff is so contagious. I found the best stuff to clean toys with though. It is called Clorox anywhere. And it is safe for kids and toys. Just spray and let air dry. Made my day!!

Dustin and Tara said...

Eeeesh! We have never had that. Does not look fun....Things like that it seems if one kid gets it they all get it:)!

Mugs said...

Whoah! I had no idea that Toph's rash was this severe. :( Poor little buddy. So glad that's over with!