Saturday, February 9, 2008

He's Here!!!!!

He's here! Topher Webb Rubalcava was born on Feb. 5th, weighed 8 lbs 14 oz, and was 21.1 inches long. He's a big kid and sooo handsome! I have 3 main men in my life now!! It was a struggle to get him here, but it was worth it. My water broke at 1am that morning so we went into the hospital. After being hooked up to my epidural for a while, I just wasn't progressing the way I should and with each contraction the baby's heartrate would decelerate. I also was lucky or should I say unlucky enough to have bronchitis with a huge fever at the same time. They started to worry about the baby's heartrate, him getting a fever and the fact that he wasn't descending into the birth canal like he should (probably because he was pretty big), so they decided to do an emergency c-section. The c-section went well and we had our baby. For the next few days in the hospital I fought a high fever and a sore stomach due to uncontrollable coughing. Now I'm home and still fighting to feel better, but glad to have our little boy home!










12 comments:

Meg and Jeremy said...

Nessa he is adorable! Congratulations I am so happy for you. I am sorry that you were sick and had to have a C-section. The same thing happened to me when I had Hailey, so I feel your pain. Coughing was the worst. I sure hope you get feeling better soon. He really is a cutie and I hope you are all happy and doing well.

Kris said...

Wow, he is so cute! 1 good thing about c-sections is that the babies don't have that squished, conehead look. He's adorable, and looks so alert! That's awful about your being sick, and I hope you feel better soon. Good luck, I hear 3 is WAY harder than 2, so you'll have to give me some pointers for when we have our next one. Congratulations.

Amy said...

What a sweet baby! I voted for the name Topher, so I'm glad you picked it! :) Sorry you are sick, but I'm glad everything went as well as it did. Good Luck with all that is coming!

The Hoopers said...

I'm so happy for you guys. Your baby is just like your other too...perfectly GORGEOUS!! Awesome cheeks too!!! I hope you get to feeling better. Take it easy as long as you can. That's a pretty big baby for you, I bet its nice to have him on the outside now!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Yikes Vanessa! I can identify with the emergency C-section, but to have all the other horrible health things at the same time!! Sheesh. I'm glad you're home and feeling well enough to post for us! Good luck on the recovery.

Joele and Matt said...

Yeah for Topher! He is a cutie and we are so glad he is here!!!!

Levi and Suzi said...

Congratulations!! He's a cutie! We have been checking every day for pics. Hope you get to feeling better and your cough goes away. Yikes! Use the pain meds! :)

Leah said...

Oh my gosh! He is a chubber! I'm so glad he is here and healthy! It took me 3 weeks to stand up straight from my c-sec. I hope you have some help and I hope you feel better soon! Congrats and he is beautiful!

melinda said...

Congrats!! He is so cute! Glad he made it hear safe, but sorry you had such a rough time during the process. Yikes! Hope you are feeling much better!! Take care!

Sonda Bryce said...

Oh I can't wait to squish those cheeks! Let me know if you need anything or when you are ready for visitors! Congratulations Vanessa! He is super cute!

ashley said...

awww... he is just so cute! I so miss having them that small... and when they just lay on you and not move! Hope you are feeling better and congrats!

ashley said...

oh, and give me your email so I can add you to see our blog!