Wednesday, August 22, 2007

School Days

T.J. pointed out to me that I had lots of typing errors on my last post (that is what I get for trying to type with the kids whining at me). So this time I'm going to try and redeem myself. Me and four other moms in our ward decided to do a little preschool for our kids. They go every Wednesday from 9:00 to 11:30. Each mom takes a different week so we only have the kids at our houses once every five weeks. Today was Timmy's first day. He was so excited he could hardly stand it. As soon as he opened his eyes, he was rushing me to get him ready for preschool. We packed his back pack up with all of his supplies (crayons, glue, pencils, scissors, paper) the night before after he practiced cutting an 8x10 piece of paper in to tiny 1 cm pieces. Then this morning we packed him his superman lunch with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, chips, grapes, fruit snacks, and a juice box. On the way over there he kept asking me why the bus didn't him up for school. He happily went right in and didn't look back. The whole time he was gone Maura kept asking me where he was and begging me to come pick him up. He was so excited to show me the papers he got from school and to tell that he learned about the letter A and the number 1. I think this will be really good for him and he will really enjoy it!

6 comments:

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Soooo cute! My mom did something similar with the neighbor kids and moms when I was little. One of my favorite things to do was the "PE" portion where we did "Mickey's Mousercize" to a Disney cassette tape. Good times. These pictures are priceless.

CASSIE said...

HOW CUTE! THEY GROW SO FAST HUH...THIS WILL GIVE YOU A LITTLE ONE ON ONE GIRL TIME WITH MAURA EVERY WEEK AS WELL!

Sonda Bryce said...

The pic of Timmy sitting on the couch is so flippin cute! I bet Maura misses him like crazy! Good time for you though. CUTE, CUTE!!

Cindy said...

Hey, i didn't know that EVERYONE does this blog thing. Maybe soon for us. we'll see. Dinner was fun the other night. Brent's now same schedule as tj so bring the kids over sometime. Timmy is such a ham. Cute kids.

Cindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meg and Jeremy said...

Hey Vanessa,
I got linked to your blog through Cassie's which she sent to Mandi. I had no idea people were doing blogs these days. I guess that shows you how out of touch I am with what is "in". But Mandi also convinced me to do one as well, so you can check it out at nefffam.blogspot.com if you want. It was fun to read yours, let me know what happens with your pregnancy. I am so excited for you!